OLEDB Connection String Builder
This extension makes it easy for ASP users to create an OLE DB connection string. This is partially based on the functionality that is included for ASP.NET but was left out of the classic ASP implementation in Dreamweaver MX and Dreamweaver MX 2004. To use the OLE DB Connection extension, download it here:
Apply it like this:
- Click the plus sign in the Databases panel
- Choose OLE DB Connection. That will bring up the following dialog box:
- Click the Build button (on Windows) to bring up the Data Link dialog box, or click the Templates button to display a list of connection string templates that can help you determine which one to use.
- Click the Test button to make sure you have a good connection
- Click OK to add your connection to the site. The format of the string will be identical to the strings listed above, but are more easily written using the extension.
For more information on creating OLEDB connections, check out this article at Community MX:
The OLE DB Connection String extension works in Dreamweaver MX and higher in ASP/VBScript and ASP/JScript. The extension is available for free download.