Using the Download Repeat Region Server Behavior
by Tom MuckThe Download Repeat Region Server Behavior is used to generate a CSV file or a text file from a recordset. This has many uses, including being able to get data from your site remotely, or providing a client with access to their raw data as a CSV file. Here's how it's used:
1. Put your recordset on the page. As a matter of common practice you should only specify the columns in your SQL statement that you want to include in the CSV file. In this example, I'll create a recordset named rs and use the following SQL:
2. Put your columns that you want to download on the
page. I usually
The page in design view would look like this:
3. Apply a repeat region to the whole area showing all records.
4. Apply the Download Repeat Region to the entire area and
5. Browse the page and you will be able to download the entire recordset.
Here is how the sample data will look from the above example:
"Oracle: A Beginner's Guide","database","30.00"
Download the sample data from the live example here.